Classes for Children,Teens & Adults
Chicago Street Theatre is committed to education. Since 1994, we have offered young artists a comfortable, safe environment for exploring their creative side, both on stage and behind the scenes. In 2008, Lisa Formosa-Parmigiano joined CST as the Director of Education in an effort to expand and professionalize our offerings. Lisa earned an M.F.A. from the Actors Studio Drama School in NYC, and she currently also teaches at Columbia College-Chicago. Learn about Lisa's teaching philosophy.
The inherent philosphy of Children's Theatre Works is to provide a hands-on experience where students learn by doing, not by lecture. Read Testimonials about our program.
We offer a comprehensive and unique curriculum, where students are provided with the consistency of an entire program through which they can progress and advance, not occasional classes with a variety of instructors. Professional and experienced faculty, veteran artists, and an ensemble-based community atmosphere enhance their experience. Through our Mentorship Program, students Apprentice and volunteer, learning practical skills, leadership, and confidence. We encourage a complete understanding and appreciation of live theatre. It’s also a lot of fun.
Our classroom focuses on the importance of creative expression and collaboration, while teaching the fundamentals of theatre through structured play. Classes not only enhance performance skills, but also develop concentration, self-esteem, discipline, and basic problem solving. We have offerings for ages 5-18. All semester sessions end with a Showcase and Certificate Ceremony.
SUMMER CAMPS 2017
Summer Camps run throughout the months of June & July. Some camps are one week, others are six weeks. Tuition for camps range between $75-$250. Tuition covers Student Membership Fee and Shakespeare Camps includes a t-shirt to wear to class!
Before you register your child/teen, please double-check all dates involved, including the very important PERFORMANCES for our Shakespeare in Shorts and Shakespeare Workshop. We understand summer conflicts will occasionally cause absences however, if there are more than two missed sessions, (particularly during the final two weeks of the summer), the student may not be permitted to perform, as their continued absences adversely impact the progress of all students.
- Anyone may enroll for an age-appropriate camp. There are no auditions necessary.
- Open registration for our Summer Semester will begin Friday, April 7, 2017.
- Summer registrations need to be received by Friday, June 2. Registrations after this date will be assessed a $10 Late Fee.
- A completed registration form (either on-line OR hard copy) and current 2016-17 signed Refund Policy/Medical Release is necessary for ALL students unless you were enrolled during the fall and/or spring.
- All camps have a maximum enrollment of 12 and a minimum of 6.
- Seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If enrolllment for a particular class fills, we will create a "waiting list" and notify you if there is a cancellation.
TUITION & PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Tuition for Summer Camps range between is $75 & $250, and includes a Student Membership. Shakespeare Camps also include a Children’s Theatre Works T-Shirt.
- Our affordable Shakespeare Payment Plan requires a $100 or $125 deposit at the time of registration, by June 1, 2017. The remaining semester balance ($100 or $125), is due by July 1, 2017.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration in order to guarantee enrollment. If you fill out an on-line registration form, but do not process payment within 24-hours, your child/teen's enrollment is NOT guaranteed. Seats in classes are not held without payment.
- We accept cash, personal check, Mastercard & Visa. All credit card payments carry a $3 Service Fee.
- There is no discount or prorated tuition for late enrollment.
- Second Child - $10 off the tuition of the second (or third, or fourth ….) child enrolled.
- "Parents in the Wings" - should you choose to volunteer and assist with any production aspect of the theatre (excluding acting), we will bank your hours and deduct between 5%-20% of the total tuition, based on your involvement throught the semester. A detailed explanation will be given at the mandatory Orientation session.
- 10% Active Enrolled Discount for Shakespeare Camps ONLY - If your child/teen was enrolled in either the Fall, 2016 and/or Spring, 2017 semester, you may deduct 10% of the total tuition for Shakespeare in Shorts or the Shakespeare Workshop.
- Explore our course offerings for Children/Teens to find the camp/workshop that's right.
- Fill out the online Registration Form.
- If you do not want to register online, print a Camp Registration Form or Shakespeare Registration Form.
- Please print and complete the Refund Policy/Medical Release Form and bring it to the first class session.
- Submit payment:
- Use our secure online box office by clicking here. A Service Fee of $3 applies to all on-line payments, including payment plans.
- Walk-in during the box office hours, Tuesday-Saturday, Noon to 4pm with completed registration form AND signed Refund Policy/Medical Release;
- Mail forms & check to Chicago Street Theatre, ATTN: CTW Registration, 154 West Chicago Street, Valparaiso, IN 46383.
- Please direct all questions to our Director of Education, Lisa Formosa-Parmigiano, via email.
Once your registration is received and payment processed, a confirmation email will be sent with a direct link for payment. You must complete the payment step in order to complete the registration process. Your child/teen is NOT confirmed until payment is made.
© CST, 2008